Prologue Projects is seeking an Editorial Director to help oversee Prologue’s slate of podcasts, including our flagship documentary series Fiasco. This is a senior role in which you will work closely with our cofounders, Leon Neyfakh and Andrew Parsons, as well as our senior producers and hosts. The ideal candidate will bring strong editorial judgment, a creative approach to audio journalism, an attention to detail, and an appetite for developing new shows.
- Provide hands-on editorial direction across Prologue’s podcast portfolio, including Fiasco, 5-4, and Celebrity Book Club with Steven & Lily, and additional shows currently in development
- Streamline and improve our overall editorial process — particularly on our narrative work — while generating editorial feedback on individual scripts and rough cuts
- Coach editors, hosts, producers and mentor their development
- Assist with day-to-day management of Prologue teams
- Work with producers to develop new series and audio projects
- Ensure Prologue’s shows meet our journalistic and creative standards
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000 - $120,000 per year.
We are based in Brooklyn, NY and prefer NYC-based producers, but we’re open to working with remote staff. A familiarity with Prologue’s work is a major plus.
If interested, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and references.
Prologue Projects is actively seeking diversity in the workplace. A workplace that reflects diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and ideas is important to us. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups and marginalized communities to apply.