Audio Engineer & Sound Designer
Prologue Projects is seeking an Audio Engineer and Sound Designer to help sound design, mix and master Prologue’s slate of podcasts, including our flagship documentary series Fiasco and several weekly chat shows. This role will work collaboratively with several teams to develop the sound of shows with oversight from senior staff. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience mixing podcasts, as well as bring a sophisticated taste in podcast music, a creative approach to sound design, an attention to detail, and a passion for high-touch, elevated audio work. A familiarity with Prologue’s work is expected. Experience composing music for podcasts and films is a plus.
- Mixing and mastering a variety of podcasts, including chat and narrative shows.
- Adding and improving on music and sound design elements of shows
- Helping develop the sound of shows, including interfacing with composers and working with music licensing libraries
- Working with executive producer to develop mixing templates for shows
- Coaching producers and mentor their development
- Assisting with day-to-day management of Prologue studio
- Ensuring Prologue’s shows meet our journalistic and creative standards
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000 - $120,000 per year. We are based in Brooklyn, NY and prefer NYC-based engineers, but we’re open to working with remote staff. If interested, please respond to email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, three references and two work samples, ideally demonstrating mixing and sound design competency.
Prologue Projects is actively seeking diversity in the workplace. A workplace that reflects diversity in backgrounds, experiences, and ideas is important to us. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups and marginalized communities to apply.